It’s been a long week!
After a week full of work, school runs, cold weather and temper tantrums, it’s our time to relax.
This week Mike and I finally decided we would start watching Making a murderer on Netflix. So after the kids are off to bed we’ll be starting our binge watching!
Now I don’t know about you but, in my opinion a good tv marathon calls for delicious snacks! (Preferably within arms reach so I don’t have to leave my comfy spot on the couch!)
So while Mike gets out the tortilla chips and cuts up some pita bread I’ll be getting this delicious dip ready!
Cheesy baked caramelized onion dip
- 3 large onions, (I used red this time) sliced
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup mayo
- 1/2 Cup + 1/2 Cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Dash black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pan heat the oil and add your onions and water. Cook onions until they are caramelized. (About 35/40 mins)
- In a large boil using a mixer, mix together all of the other ingredients. Reserving the other half of the grated cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Add cooked onions to your mixture, stir until mixed well.
- Place mixture into a baking dish, smooth flat and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Until lightly browned and cheese is bubbling
It’s so delicious, you won’t be able to resist!
The perfect snack to share while you binge watch your favourite show!
(Or keep it all to yourself, I won’t judge…)