There’s no doubt about it, the cold weather has arrived!
After a day of braving the not so nice weather it’s always good to sit down to some cozy comfort food!
Bonus if it only takes 40 minutes to make!
- 3 Italian sausages, removed from casing
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Carrot peeled and sliced
- 1 Celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes (796 ml)
- 1 Container of chicken broth (900 ml)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 2 Cups fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan, crumble sausage meat and cook on medium heat, until no longer pink.
- Add onion,carrot,celery and garlic. Cook until onion begins to soften.
- Add your tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning and quinoa. Cook at a low boil until quinoa is cooked.(about 20 mins)
- Stir in spinach, and cook until just wilted. (approx 1 min)
A cozy comforting meal in the middle of the week, that you don’t have to slave over the stove for!